Easy Golden Milk Overnight Oats [ vegan ]
· golden milk:
· 1 cup coconut milk* (I use homemade almond milk)
· 1/2 tsp turmeric
· 1/4 tsp cinnamon
· 1/4 tsp cardamom
· 1/4 tsp ginger
· 1/8 tsp black pepper
· 1/2 TBS coconut oil
· honey, to taste ( I used about 1 TBS)
· for the oats:
· 1/2 cup steel cut oats*
· 1 1/2 TBS chia seeds
· add ins:
· protein powder* (did you know skim milk powder if 70% protein)
1. In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, whisk together milk and spices until warm. Add in honey and coconut oil. Whisk again until honey is dissolved. Do not let mixture come to a boil. Remove saucepan from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
2. In a 16oz jar, add oats, chia seeds, and optional add-ins if using. Pour cooled golden milk mixture into jar and tightly cover with lid. Shake jar until ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Store in fridge for 6-8 hours before serving.
3. Serve with fresh fruit, flaked coconut, sprinkle more cinnamon, add nut butter, etc. and enjoy!
*I prefer my overnight oats with steel cut, if using quick or rolled oats, I would bump up the amount to about 3/4-1 cup oats. You also may need a couple more tablespoons of liquid.
*If adding vegan protein powder, you will likely need to increase the liquid depending on the blend. I added an additional 3-4 TBS after adding mixing all ingredients in jar. If using whey or collagen peptides, no extra liquid is really necessary.
-Recipe can be easily double and split into 4 individual jars, 2 16oz jars, or 1 large 32oz jar. Oats will keep in fridge 3-4 days.
-prep time refers to overnight fridge time@